In October 2nd the 2020 external audit process of Noatum’s Integrated Management System (IMS), carried out by the certifying agency Lloyd’s Register (LR), was successfully completed.
This audit corresponds to the second maintenance audit of the Integrated Management System, and the next one, in 2021, will be the one related to the certificate’s renewal.
This year new companies and new sites from among the 25 audited ones, both nationally and internationally, have joined the system, which means a change in the scope’s certificate:
– Companies that already had a certified management system, prior to their integration into the Noatum system:
- Noatum Terminal Santander, S.A.U.
- Noatum Terminal Polivalente Santander, S.L.U.
- Autoterminal, S.A.
– Companies already certified in Noatum’s management system that have incorporated new offices:
- Noatum Logistics Spain, S.A.U., Ribarroja de Turia (Valencia)
- Rudder Logistics, S.L., Viladecans (Barcelona)
- Marmedsa Agência Marítima (Portugal), Lda., Carregado
- Marmedsa, S.A.R.L., Sète y Marignane.
In addition, from the field of Occupational Health and Safety, the transition from the OHSAS 18001:2007 Standard, which will cease to be in force in March 2021, to the ISO 45001:2018 Standard has been made. The decision to do so this year was taken with the aim of maximising the efficiency of the year and the resources employed. Thus, avoiding special audits before the OHSAS standard expires.
The audit was carried out in two phases given the exceptional situation we are experiencing due to the COVID19 pandemic. This has meant an important prior exercise of consensus and coordination between the teams and the Certifications & Authorizations/Quality and Health & Safety/People Directorates with the LR certifier.
The collaboration of all the teams at the different sites involved in defending these audits as well as of their Management has been of vital importance. Their previous work to update and maintain the Noatum Management System at each of the sites, and the good results obtained, have been the result of great effort, dedication and involvement.
Noatum continues working to maintain and improve the Quality of its processes, the care and conservation of the Environment in the development of its activities, and the vigilance and protection of the Health and Safety of people in the workplace.